GRANFONDO NEVIO VALČIĆ – GFNV
The basic idea behind the organization of this event and its recreational character was always
We selected unique route along enchanting southern Istria, a distance of 140 km and dedicated it to his character, as he was also riding on these same roads back in time. It is our wish that participants and their companions at this event will enjoy the beauty of the selected route, and enjoy the benefits of nature and high cultural content of this area: Medulin, Pula, Vodnjan, Barban, Marčana and Ližnjan.
CYCLING BIOGRAPHY – NEVIO VALČIĆ
Nevio Valčić was a longtime member of the Cycling Club in Pula, founded back in 1896 called Veloce club Polese who has over the years changed its name – cycling section at Unione sportiva operaia, BK „Uljanik“, „Cement“, „Pula“ „Siporex“, “Ytong”, while today proudly bears the title Cycling Club Pula.
NEVIO VALČIĆ – A SHORT BIOGRAPHY
A winner of more than 100 national and international races
- 1953 winner of the junior race “Through Istria”
- 1958 winner of stage in International cycling race “Through Yugoslavia”
- four times winner of the “The Adriatic Hihgway” race
- four-time champion of Yugoslavia in road racing
- participant of numerous world championships and stage races (through Europe, Warsaw-Berlin-Prague, Around Tunisia, Around Morocco, Around Algeria, through Egypt, Bulgaria, Tour de l’Avenir, Coppa Cardirola, Giro di Lazio, Giro di Friuli…)
- 1960 The Olympic Games in Rome with the 12th place in the road race
FEEL the cycling – LOVE the power – WIN with heart